Who are we?
FreemarketFX Limited, of Gg107 Metal Box Factory, 30 Great Guildford Street, London, United Kingdom, SE1 0HS.
FreemarketFX Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) – Firm No.585093. FreemarketFX Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (Company No. 07289573).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Act”), Freemarket is the data controller of any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, under registration number Z2338413.
What personal data is collected?
Most personal data will be collected directly through the application process. The sources of any personal data collected indirectly will be mentioned in this statement. Whether or not you become a customer, we may ask you for (but not limited to) your:
– Date of birth
– Current address
– Email address
– Mobile telephone number
– Home telephone number
You are free to withdraw your consent at any time. This may result in us not being able to do certain things for you.
What do we use your information for?
We will use your personal data to provide information on services requested or products ordered.
Data is collected and used on a lawful basis only which is outlined below.
|To perform a contract with you||
– To take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
– To decide whether to enter into a contract
– To manage and perform the contract
– To ensure our records remain relevant
|Our legitimate interest||
– For good governance, accounting, managing and auditing our business operations
– For market research, analysis and developing statistics
– To send you marketing communications with your consent
– When you exercise your rights under the data protection law and make requests
– For compliance with legal, regulatory requirements and related disclosures
– For establishment and defence of legal rights
– For activities relating to the prevention, detection and investigation of crime
– To verify your identity, engage in fraud prevention and anti-money laundering checks
– To monitor emails, calls, other communications, and activities on your account
– When you request we disclose your personal data to other people or organisations
– When we process any special categories of personal data at your request
– To send you marketing communications where we have asked for your consent to do so
Data retention period
We will retain your data whether you become a customer or not for:
– As long as necessary to deal with your query
– As long as you might legally bring a claim against us
– After your account has been closed or otherwise come to an end based on our legal and regulatory requirements
Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
– The right to be informed
– The right of access
– The right of rectification
– The right of erasure
– The right to restrict processing
– The right to data portability
– The right to object
– Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If you would like further information about data protection you can visit the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at ico.org.uk. The ICO is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest and data privacy for individuals. We comply with all ICO regulatory and statutory requirements. You have the right to make a complaint to the ICO regarding the handling of your data.
Fraud prevention and money laundering checks
We may use your personal details in order to conduct identity checks as required by law as a measure to prevent money laundering.
The personal data we have collected from you at the application or any stage may be shared with fraud prevention agencies.
We are required by law to review transactions and report any which may be suspected of being related to money laundering activities.
Automated decision making
We may process your personal data without human intervention to evaluate your personal situation such as transactional history and account opening anniversary events. We may do this to decide what marketing communications are suitable for you, to analyse statistics and to assess risks.
This is all done on the basis of our legitimate interests, to protect our business, and to develop and improve our products and services. If we use an automated decision making including profiling activity to assess your application, this will be performed on the basis of it being necessary to perform the contract.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties including our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites or their policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your personal data may be transferred outside the UK and the European Economic Area. If these countries do not have adequate protections for personal data under applicable laws we will take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal data.
Opting out of marketing communications
You are free to opt out of receiving all marketing communications from us and our strategic partners at any time by contacting us or logging into your online account. Should you be opted in to receive email correspondence, there is an unsubscribe link in each email we send out, if you use this, we will not send any unsolicited mail to your registered email address.
Communications regarding changes to existing products or services held, our terms, conditions and policies is important and sometimes critical. You may not opt out of receiving these communications.
Reviewing, correcting or updating your personal data
If you have any queries or complaints about our collection, storage or use of your personal information, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please contact us at:
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Post: Customer Service, FreemarketFX Ltd., Metal Box Factory, 30 Great Guildford Street, London, SE1 0HS